Please check out this post from a new friend who runs the “LIT’s Living on Capitol Hill Blog”
W.C. FIELDS PRODUCTIONS, INC
2015 YEAR OF W.C. FIELDS – 100th Anniversary in Film
100th Anniversary starring on Broadway
(Icon of American Culture and Humor, Librarian of Congress, 2000)
2015 Year of W.C. Fields – events scheduled to date, more to come –
We are planning many events to honor and celebrate, those scheduled to date, starting with TCM Classic Film Festival 2015 in Hollywood are:
- TCM features W.C. Fields at TCM Classic Film Festival 2015, Hollywood. Friday evening, March 27, Allen and Ron Fields, grandsons, introduce The Bank Dick, the first W.C. Fields film added to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress. (See wcfields.com for TCM photo.)
- Re-issue of the three vital and essential W.C. Fields books – brother Ronald J. Fields – the world’s Fields scholar and expert, best-seller C. Fields By Himself with new foreword by Conan O’Brien; Ron’s essential filmography W.C. Fields A Life on Film with new forewords by Ben Mankiewicz and international film historian and critic David Robinson; and W.C. Fields own Fields for President with new foreword by Dick Cavett.
- Arthur Wertheim books C. Fields From Burlesque and Vaudeville to Broadway: Becoming a Comedian Part I (released December 2014. Part II release in 2016, W.C. Fields On Stage, Radio, and Screen: Becoming a Cultural Icon
- Universal to release in October digitalized versions of W.C. Fields films, plus added specials, for 2015.
- Classic movie houses throughout the country screening W.C. Fields films in 2015.
- AFI – June 6 through 11, W.C. Fields film screenings.
- University of California Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive – June 24, July 5, and July 19 W.C. Fields film screenings.
- New Amsterdam Theatre – “W.C. Fields Centennial Celebration at the New Amsterdam” June 22, 2015, in commemoration of our grandfather’s opening and starring in this historic Theatre in the Ziegfeld Follies 100 Years and one day on June 21, 1915, INVITATION ONLY event. Dick Cavett, Ronald J. Fields, Dr. Harriet A. Fields, Arthur Wertheim, Dana Amendola – VP for Operations Disney Theatrical Group, participants.
- New Amsterdam Theatre Archival Collection interview W.C. Fields grandchildren Dr. Harriet Fields and Ronald J. Fields for their oral histories of our grandfather’s performances there, as well as his associations with other performers in that historic Theatre.
- Bryn Mawr Film Institute – August 6, 13, 20, W.C. Fields film screenings. Dr. Harriet Fields speaks at closing screening, August 20.
- TCM – Broadcast Friday evening, September 4 at 8pm – TCM cable TV featuring “W.C. Fields A Celebration of 100 Years in Film”, Ben Mankiewiecz co-hosting with Dr. Harriet Fields, granddaughter.
- September 19, Magic Castle, Hollywood – 100th Anniversary Celebration of W.C. Fields first film Pool Sharks at the site of the ORIGINAL POOL TABLE on loan from the W.C. Fields family. Allen and Ron Fields to host with the Magic Castle.
- November 13 & 14, 2015, Library of Congress W.C. Fields Tribute. Dr. Harriet Fields will speak.
- November 29 – Museum of the Moving Image and The Astor Room at Kaufman Astoria Studios planning daylong W.C. Fields film screenings and reception.
- December 6 & 7 – Film Forum, NY, “Alice in Wonderland” with W.C. Fields as Humpty Dumpty.
- December 21, Reading of the Canary Trial in the Midtown Community Court House at 314 W. 54th in the actual Court Room of the trial, now an Off Off Broadway Theatre of the American Theatre of Actors. Permanent W.C. Fields and Justice display in the lobby of the Court House, unveiled July 24, 2014.
- Smithsonian, Washington DC – W.C. Fields recognition and tributes throughout the decade and beyond.
For more information please contact:
W.C. FIELDS PRODUCTIONS, Inc.
Please tune in tonight (or record), Friday, September 4 from 8pm – 2am on TCM for a tribute to my grandfather, “W.C. Fields 100 Years in Film!”
Dr. Harriet Fields, only granddaughter, co-hosts with Ben Mankiewicz. Four iconic films with ‘intros’ and ‘outros’ in loving recognition of W.C. Fields the Icon of American Culture and Humor (Librarian of Congress, 2000).”